|Usage/Application||Paints & Coatings|
is used for lining and waterproofing potable water retaining structures and surfaces subject to contact with foodstuffs.
The cured film is resistant to corrosion, chemical attack and abrasion and is suitable for application to reservoirs, tanks, silos, water treatment works, breweries, dairies and meat and food processing plants.
The cured film is non-toxic and meets the requirements of IS : 9833 - 1981.Advantages
- Food grade & Hygienic – CFTRI approved for suitability to potable water and food stuff storage.
- Compatible with all substrates – Can be applied directly on to mild steel and concrete
- Aesthetic – Forms a smooth, glossy and to easy clean surface on curing
- Abrasion resistant – Exceptional resistance to abrasion and to a wide range of chemicals
- Corrosion resistant – Does not contain any metallic particles
- Chemical resistant – Proven against a wide range of industrial chemicals
- Solvent free & Non – toxic - No odour during application and can be used in confined areas.
- Nitocote EP405 is a two pack, solvent free, epoxy resin material. It is supplied in pre-measured quantities ready for site mixing and use. The material cures to provide a smooth, hygienic and tough finish which is suitable for contact with potable water and foodstuffs. It is available in blue and white colours.
- Nitocote EP405 is designed to be applied in two coats to achieve a minimum total dry film thickness of 200 microns. To achieve the correct protective properties, Nitocote EP405 must be applied on to the substrate at the coverage rates recommended.
Potable water / waterproofing lining The tank/reservoir lining shall be Nitocote EP405, a two pack epoxy coating specifically designed for contact with potable water. The cured film shall comply with the requirements of IS:9833 - 1981.Application instructions
- All surfaces must be smooth, sound and free from debris, loose or flaking material and areas of standing water. Surfaces must be free from contamination such as oil, grease, dust, loose particles and organic growth. Concrete surfaces must be fully cured, laitance free and free from any traces of shuttering, release oils and curing compounds. All surfaces should then be grit blasted to remove all foreign matter and open up blow-holes, and provide a suitable key for Nitocote EP405. All blow holes and imperfections should be filled with Nitocote VF / Nitomortar FC.
- All surfaces should be grit blasted to obtain bright metal surface. The lining work should be programmed so that newly cleaned steel is coated as soon as possible before the formation of rust or scale.
- The contents of the base can should be stirred thoroughly to disperse any settlement. The entire contents of the hardener can should be poured into the base container and mixed thoroughly until a uniform consistency is obtained, taking particular care to scrape the sides and bottom of the container. It is recommended that mechanical mixing be employed, using a mixer or a heavy duty, slow speed electric drill fitted with a paddle.
Nitocote EP405 4 litre pack